Redeemer Lutheran Church is living out the Word and healing ministry of Jesus by calling people to live in community with God and each other.
God has called Redeemer to be a healing community within our world. It is our vision to be a place where people can experience wholeness.
The desired outcome of our Mission is that the Holy Spirit will work through us to achieve the following:
Our Christ-centered, creative and relevant worship compels and engages the heart at all stages of life and in all situations, manifesting itself through strengthened relationships with God and each other.
The people of Redeemer are compelled by the love of Jesus and led by the Spirit to live missional lives that significantly transform our community and demonstrate Jesus' love for all.
We establish more meaningful and authentic relationships in Christ that intentionally equip and empower people to be the hands and feet of Jesus.
Our Core Values
- The Gospel travels on the platform of relationships. The Gospel of Jesus Christ heals, renews, seasons, grows, and transforms ministries, relationships, and people.
- The Holy Spirit gives direction. Deep abiding faith and growing relationship with Jesus Christ gives ministry identity, motivation, and direction through the Holy Spirit. A spiritually healthy ministry staff contributes to a spiritually healthy congregation.
- The ministry belongs to the people of the Church. The highest call to ministry staff is to raise up teams of people, develop gifts, empower people, and release them to do ministry.
- Servant Leadership, as demonstrated by Jesus Christ, is the leadership model for which we strive.
- We respect the needs and contributions of the communities we serve. As such, we see to be an integral part of the community by adding value and listening to the needs of our neighbors.
- God deserves our best. As ministry, culture, and context are dynamic, we respond with fresh, current, creative planning and sacrificial giving.
Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod
Redeemer Lutheran Church, Spokane Valley is part of the Lutheran Church -- Missouri Synod (LCMS). The LCMS is a Lutheran denomination that dates back to the 1860s and was begun by a group of German immigrants. While we work with this larger group to train our pastors and teachers and send missionaries overseas, we are still completely autonomous. We choose our own pastors and own our land and buildings. The LCMS' role is advisory, not authoritative. Joining with the 6000+ congregations that make up the LCMS, gives Redeemer greater opportunity to share the Gospel and carry out our mission while maintaining the close family atmosphere that Redeemer has come to be known for as the Spokane Valley's community church.