Redeemer Lutheran's Early Childhood Programs maintain a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment with an emphasis on nurturing the whole child spiritually, intellectually, creatively, physically, emotionally, and socially. Our programs are intrinsically linked to Redeemer’s church mission -- living out the Word and healing ministry of Jesus -- by providing parental support and mentoring for families with young children.
It is the mission of Redeemer Lutheran School to share the Word of God and minister to preschool and kindergarten age children and their families within the Redeemer Congregation and our community using age-appropriate experiences in a positive, nurturing educational setting.
Each Redeemer Preschool class is staffed by one Director, one Teacher, and one Teaching Assistant. All staff members are experienced in Early Childhood Education. We appreciate the uniqueness of each child in our care and strive to maintain a warm, loving, Christ-centered environment where each child is celebrated.
Learning through Play
Preschoolers are unique in their social, physical, and emotional make-up. When we plan our lessons and themes, we consider some of the following characteristics of preschool-age children:
- Preschool children are not yet independent and must rely on others for many things. Children develop a sense of security by copying and working with others. Through careful modeling, during instruction and cooperative group activities, students can draw on other's strengths.
- Children often form close attachments to others, such as their teachers. They work very hard to try to please. Success helps them avoid frustration. We try to provide children the opportunity to succeed in all types of activities.
- Many preschool activities look like play to the casual observer. When children play they "rehearse" for later life, learning the rules of our society. During playtime, children apply the skills they have learned about reading, writing, and math. Playtime is also an activity requiring children to make choices, helping them gain independence. Some examples of play you may see in our classrooms: manipulating objects, making patterns, interacting in learning centers, cutting, pasting, coloring and writing.
During Preschool Enrichment time, kids explore many different themes in the areas of Art, Science, Music/Movement, Language Arts, and Problem Solving. The curriculum is designed in 6-week blocks allowing ample time to experience each curricular area. Enrichment is designed to enhance the overall Preschool experience, not replace it.
Preschool Program Options
- 3-year-olds class: Two mornings a week - Thursday and Friday
- 4-year-olds class: Three mornings a week - Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday
- 4-year-olds class: Four mornings a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday
All preschool classes begin at 9:00am and dismiss at 11:15am.
Preschool Enrichment classes are offered 2-, 3-, or 4-days, Tuesday thru Friday from 11:15 am-1:00 pm. Children participating in Preschool Enrichment are asked to bring a sack lunch and join the Lunch Bunch starting at 11:15, supervised by Ms. Erica.
Redeemer's Extended Day Kindergarten is staffed with one Director, one Teacher, and parent volunteers. The kindergarten staff is experienced in Early Childhood Education and also holds current Washington State Teaching Certification. Our smaller class size allows for more individualized instruction and creates a sense of family at school. The kindergarten curriculum closely follows the public school curriculum in order to promote a seamless transition from kindergarten to first grade.
Children enter Kindergarten with a wide range of background experiences, skills, and knowledge. Our goal is to provide a Christian environment where they will continue to grow and feel immediate success regardless of their entry-level.
The Extended Day Kindergarten Program provides a balance of individual, small group, and large group activities that engage children intellectually increasing each child's opportunity to learn the core curriculum and the Washington State Essential Academic Learning Requirements. In addition, in this safe, nurturing, well-planned environment, language development and social interaction are allowed to flourish.
Kindergarten classes are Monday-Friday 9:00 am-2:00 pm. Children participating in Kindergarten are asked to bring a backpack and lunch every day.
Registration for 2024-2025 starts March 1, 2024.
- Students registering for 3s preschool must be age 3 by August 31st.
- Students registering for 4s preschool must be age 4 by August 31st.
- Students registering for Kindergarten must be age 5 by August 31st.
All registration and materials fees are non-refundable and must accompany a registration form. Fees can be paid online at the PAY TUITION tab. Please contact the School Director with any questions about current tuition rates or arrange a school tour at . Registration forms can be accessed at the link below and mailed, dropped off at the church office, or emailed to the School Director.
Redeemer Lutheran School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, and athletic and other school-administered programs.